Senior Tax Accountant
We are seeking an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join our Bundaberg Team on a full-time basis. This role will see you provide tax advice to a wide range of clients with a variety of industries. You will be reporting directly to the Tax Partner and assisting him with the provision of advice.
This role will see you deal directly with clients and would suit a highly professional and organised individual. We are seeking someone who is proactive and who is consistently making sure they are staying abreast of changing tax legislation.
B Walker & Co is a local company which has evolved from humble beginnings some 34 years ago. Our senior accountants provide some 130 years industry experience at an average of 25 years per senior accountant. Our senior accountants have been at this firm for 10 years on average. Our client base is industry diversified and covers local/state/national areas.
Our culture embodies:
- A client best interest philosophy to ensure excellent service
- A work/life balance recognising a family first priority
- Promoting a great working environment
- Supporting and mentoring the need for professional development
About the role
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns, Financial Statements, Activity Statements, Payroll and Workcover Returns.
- Review or preparation of tax effect accounting calculations.
- Liaison with external stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, professionals and financial institutions.
- Attendance at client meetings with the Tax Partner and /or autonomously.
- Analysis of financial information (including tax compliance items) required for the provision of taxation advice.
- Research, analysis and interpretation of Australian tax legislation.
- Drafting of advice for clients in email and letter formats.
What your role will require
- A minimum of 6 years taxation experience in a tax advisory position within an Australian firm
- Membership of an Australian Accounting Professional Body
- Tertiary qualification in Accountancy, Commerce or Economics
- Tax Agent Registration preferred
- Demonstrated experience with using Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Handisoft, Reckon, MYOB, Xero and Quickbooks
- The ability to perform accurately under pressure and retain a high attention to detail
- High level organisation and prioritisation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong technical skills in GST, CGT and direct tax experience
- Understanding and experience of the financial systems, processes and controls
- Ability to explore, understand and provide practical solutions to complex issues
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to meet reporting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling positive engagement with team members, senior management, Clients and wider business
- Strong all-round skill set in the taxation accounting area, which establishes your ability to prepare Company SMSF, Trust and Partnership Financial Statements, Tax Returns and Activity Statements
What we offer
- A clear, secure and long term professional path in your Taxation career
- A competitive remuneration package of $70k to $120K commensurate with your experience
- A flexible working program that suits your work/life balance
- A professional and supportive work environment that enhances both knowledge and Taxation development
- A future potential for Partnership